Let me give some background information to this post. Mark is making his first documentary on Dub Taylor, a prolific Western actor who is not known by his name, but is known by his face and laugh. Ever since we reconnected in April, he has been making connections and doing the groundwork for a successful documentary.
Shortly after we started dating officially in July, I was able to go with him and his "executive producer," James, to an interview with Dixie Carter and Buck Taylor. I was his rock, his one source of sanity throughout the trip because everyone else was annoying at times.
The next time he set up an interview in Augusta, I dutifully went with him on two separate occasions and charmed the pants off of a handful of old cowboys. Could Mark have done that by himself? I think not.
Then, I provided resources for Mark to interview David Zucker when he came to Savannah. Sure, "James the executive producer" went with him and provided a camera for B-roll footage, but I gave Mark directions and we all know how priceless good directions are for Mark.
However, where was James when Mark set up an interview with Bobby Copeland, a western writer? Not in Oak Ridge, TN (home of the nuclear bomb). I was up at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday, on the first day of my period with cramps that would crush a watermelon, feeding Tylenol Sinus to Mark and Midol to myself and driving all the way home in the middle of the night. That, my friends, is dedication.
I thought it was time to negotiate an executive producer credit after all of this hard work, but Mark said that executive producers give $2000 to the project. Where is James's $2000? I think that if we totalled up all of the love and support and time I have INVESTED in this project, there would be more than enough to suffice the requirements needed to be an executive producer.
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
UPDATE:
Mark has agreed to make me an executive producer. Success!
High five!
Mark,
I was going to whisper to you, "Give in! Give in! She is soliciting female support, and we never win when they rally around a cause."
I am pleased to discover, however, that you are already a skilled relationship negotiator.
Kasey,
I agree with you completely, and I am outraged that it took him so long to come around.
I'm glad you are now executive producer. Soon I will be able to find both your names on IMDB searches.
If you think about it, Kasey's in-kind support of her voluntary time probably adds up to more than $2000, so she's paid her dues.
For real.
Oh, my $2000 is in, you know, paying for JamesWorks to exist so that the documentary has ownership for copyright purposes without having Mark to invest in an LLC. And in all of that time and effort before you came along. And a little experience and know how as to these legal matters. Etc, etc, etc.
You offend me deeply. I feel stabbed right in the heart. The aorta.
But I'll forgive this as I *have* to put up with you now as the new EP, who lives with the director, who wields influence 24/7...curses.
I revoke any comments above that may get me in trouble with the Big Kahuna.
Who dares make sassy-talk against the fair Kahuna Queen?
Big Kahuna rumbles with anger.
You wouldn't like Big Kahuna when he's angry.
Post a Comment