Monday, December 04, 2006

I Might Hate This Week

Yesterday I did some intensive reading about Joyce, and even though I don't have the best handle on him, I get some of it. I feel somewhat better about him, and I really do like his work. It is just really compact, leaving it hard to unravel and research. I think my thesis will go something like this: "The female characters represent a part of Gabriel's struggle with Ireland, with his wife, Gretta, representing the purest part of Ireland, and through her he realizes that by hating Ireland, he loses the purest part of himself." Or something like that anyway. The paper is due tomorrow, but I have done all of my research, so it is just a matter of putting it all together today. Wish me luck.

But, I still hate Spanish, and in about an hour I am going to have to tell a story in Spanish that I have yet to memorize. I don't really give a ham sandwich about it anymore.

Oh, and I start my period on Wednesday. Nice.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That's a good thesis. I like it a lot -- I think it applies to most (if not all) of Joyce's works. Hmmm, interesting.

I just found out the one class I have today has been cancelled. Awesome. Because I have this Irish Lit paper due on Wednesday.

Kasey said...

Good luck. I am so relieved to turn in that paper in a few minutes. Now, everything shouldn't be that bad.

JJ said...

Hey, you're in the home stretch. Just think, graduation is only a few days away! Good luck!