Friday, November 25, 2005

Thankful to be Blessed

After stuffing myself with more food than I should, I sit here now thinking about how thankful I am for my family. God has blessed me with so much in my life (way more than I will ever be able to deserve) but the greatest blessing I have is my family.

I think about all those people in this world who have nobody to go home to and share holidays with, and it makes me hold my family tighter to my heart. I can't imagine anything better than sitting around with loved ones, laughing and talking and crying and listening to stories you have heard a thousand times.

There is nothing more precious than my family to me. I think about all of the things that I used to value over family. Now, all of that seems so superficial and petty compared to the overwhelming love and support that binds my family together. I hope the memories that I made with my family will last me through times in the future when I can't be with them.

I hope everybody who got to spend this Thanksgiving with their loved ones counted their blessings. I know I did.

No comments: