Friday, July 27, 2007

A Place to Stretch Out

Today we are going to sign a lease on a cute little house just outside of Roanoke. We are really excited about being able to have our stuff with us and to relax a little. It has three bedrooms, an eat-in kitchen, a large bathroom with double sinks, and a big front porch. Here are some pictures. We move in on Wednesday.


This is the front of the house.



This is the view from the front door.

This is the side of the house.

So, we are ready to get settled in here in Roanoke. The people are nice, they have actual seasons here, and we are really happy here. Mark always said that he wanted to retire here, so now he gets to see if he wants to or not. The only thing we have to do here is mow the grass, so we are going to have to find a lawn mower!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to come visit! I swany, that's the cutest house I've ever seen. It looks so cozy and pretty inside. I'm sure you'll make it look even lovlier. Are you allowed to paint?

Kasey said...

I don't know if I can paint or not, but if I can't I will just find really pretty pictures to hang on the walls. That cool brown tone will match all of our furniture, which a reason why we wanted it so badly. There were other houses that we could have gone for that were bigger, but they were older and nastier. I think we will be very happy here.

Kirsten said...

I like the paint as is, but I know you like a little more color. I think it's beautiful and calming inside.

Lauren said...

So cute! I love it. I've always wanted to live in an older house that's been fixed up. It's my life dream, actually. That's all I want in life. To live in an old house.

And no, there are no cats in that dream of mine.

James Kicklighter said...

You can always mow the lawn with scissors :)