Yesterday was my first visit to the doctor's office for my prenatal checkup and first sonogram. The baby was still too small to see, but I was able to see my yolk sac (gross!) and my embriotical sac/membrane. I also got checked out thoroughly by the nurse and everything seemed to be fine. Mark was with me the whole time, and really interested in the free book that I got in my goodie bag from the doctor's office. The sonogram was interesting, even though the baby is too small to see. Mark and I thought we saw the baby's heart flicker, but the nurse said it was too early to determine what that blip on the screen was. After taking six vials of blood, some urine, and a pap smear, I was allowed to go and eat some dinner. My next appointment is on the 17th of August and hopefully it won't be as invasive as the last appointment. I thought I would have a picture to go with this post, but I will have to wait three weeks before I do. Overall, it was a good experience. I am excited to learn more about my baby, and I am really excited to get all of my stuff out of storage this weekend, see my family, and spread my stuff out in my new house.
Oh, and my due date is March 27, 2008!
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess because your baby is the size of a sesame seed it is too small to see. Perhaps it will be a lima bean the next time you go in.
I know you're opting for the sex to be kept a secret, but what if on one of your sonograms you see a wee wee or lack thereof? Then you will know. Are you going to stop looking at your sonograms at some point? (Forgive me if that's not how it works--I'm pretty brainless when it comes to babies.)
I don't know. I guess I will just try not to look that hard. Mel said that she never could see anything on her sonograms, especially sex organs. I guess I will not try to figure out what every little part is and hope for the best. If I figure it out, it will be okay too. Mark doesn't think I can do it.
Post a Comment