Friday, July 14, 2006

Okay, so here it is...

I am officially off the market, even though I think it is funny that adult people still make it official. After around ten years of knowing each other, we reconnected on myspace, which is about a half-step above Russian mail-order brides and eHarmony (two things that have been suggested by our loving married friends). I wouldn't want to reveal the other heinous options laid out by people, but I think the point has been made. The insane thing about it is that we did not want a relationship. I was so serious about it that I told him way more about myself then I would have if I had any clue that he would want to date me. Now I feel sort of horrified and amazed that he didn't hit the road a long time ago. The great thing about it is that I tricked myself into letting someone in, and it feels pretty amazing. I don't have to live a life of trying to show only the best part of me or to censor what I say or do. I am happy, so nobody needs to give me the pity face anymore, or tell me how they wish they were single again, or ask the question, "when are you getting married?" We already worked that out. I told him he has to sign a contract stating that he has to marry me before I "lose my pretty" and have an old womb. I can't keep myself up for too much longer, so I have to maximize my abilities now. I know you people don't trust that I wouldn't do something that insane, so let me state for the record that my last comment was a joke. I already have an old womb. Ha!

And another thing, since everybody seems to have a band but me and Kirsten, we are starting our own band. I am going to sing with the teen angst of Avril and she is going to finally learn to play the guitar she got for Christmas a million years ago. Stay tuned for more details.

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am so excited about "who" took you off the market! I can't wait for y'all to get married. There have been promises made in the past that me and your future husband will be singing a duet at his wedding. It's even better now that you will be the bride.

Seriously, (please don't be scared off, Funky Bunch), I am glad you two are dating.

In regards to our band, if anyone else is interested in joining, please let us know and we (as the founding members--along with Jennifer J) will assign you a position fitting your abilities.

Lauren said...

Yowsa. Yay for you guys. Have fun. (I want the dirt, KC. Email me.)

As for the band, I don't know how to play the drums, but I've dated three drummers and liked a lot more than that. So I think I might be able to pick them up. The drums, that is. My drumming style would go well with your Avril-angst, I'm sure.

Greg Wright said...

Permission to freak out.



At LEAST give me time to lose weight so I can fit into my $50 choir tux (not to mention my Cher costume). I also need a few months to grow back my moustache.

Kasey said...

Mark,

I think we all know that you would have little to no control over your wedding attire, or any future attire from now on. And you can't have the handlebar mustache ever again. Sorry. It's in the contract.

Lauren,

You are definitely in for playing drums. I know that you would just use your title to pick up even more drummers, but who am I to block your mad skills in spitting game. I saw your work in Derry...

alicia said...

OK. I feel a little lost, so I need some info. How about a nice email with all the details because I am not with the program! I am very happy for you!

Kirsten said...

Well Friend, if you came and spent the night, I could fill you in...

Jonathan said...

O.k. I guess I am Johnny come lately. Lets just slow things down a bit.

First, I grant my permission for you both to court (I believe in traditions). I say this with the understanding that a few background checks and rigorous testing of this young man's mental and physical capabilities have to be checked out. I did once know a certain Mark, but he has been missing for an unexplained amount of time.
Seriously. I am happy for you both.

Jon