Today I was in class and I had a horrible tension headache. I had just finished a take-home exam and the night before I had almost bombed a comma exam. (How does one do that, you ask? It takes talent, my friend.) Anyway, so as I was sitting through the excrutiating experience called Ethics class, I decided to write a poem that expresses my feelings about college.
Theory
going through my hair, flesh,
blood, and bone-their eyes
seeing inside of me.
this chair not giving
anything but pain
the wood standing as
fists into my flesh, touching
my bones.
term, terms, terminology-
don't describe, make it
alive because I am dead
to this idea
every syllable cuts into
my cells, making them
scream-Make it STOP!
silently, I take this abuse
forced to pay for the dreams
of my mother, who looks
at me with regret because
her dreams are my
nightmares-this room
is my nightmare-this
ignorance is my nightmare
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a poet who did not know it.
Post a Comment