I don't want to sound like I am bragging, but I just found out that I won the ambassador stipend for my study abroad trip! I was so excited about it even though there are strings attached. I have to help during the university's Foundation campaign, volunteer for a service project during my study abroad trip, and write a 1-2 page paper about my service efforts after I return. I guess it is a small price to pay for free money. However, money is never free...but it can be cheap!
Another thought...
Last night, I was looking through a Maxim magazine (that was not mine) and I noticed that one of the writers was a woman. Interested in what she would write about, I turned to her article and noticed that, beside her article, there was a headshot of her. She had big blonde hair, very attractive, and nothing but bra straps showing on her shoulders. How stupid is she to write for Maxim and let them objectify her this way? I was so mad that I wrote a haiku.
Poor Maxim writer-
Two thongs do not make a right-
Stupid Diane Hills.
Saturday, February 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on your scholarship!
Great Haiku. I too hate it when women write tripe and look like a sex pot in mediums where you know they WANT men to objectify them. It also makes me sad to think that's where they get their sense of worth, from their looks. I could go on and on, so I'll stop right here.
The exciting world of university grants and scholarships is familiar to me as well. Free money also requires an amount of effort that almost nullifies the whole process. When attempting to get more graduate funding I filled out a 45 page application. The reward? "Dear Sir, We are pleased to award you $100 dollars for your graduate studies." I think the postage amounted to $5. Hmm, does $95 cover a research trip to Geneva?
http://www.nicholascoates.blogspot.com
Post a Comment