Friday, January 27, 2006

I Lost My Glove in Chinatown

I was looking at my pictures of New York today, and it reminded me of a time when romance was at it's highest and inspiration was all around. What that really means is that Kevin and I were getting along and I could actually find words to put down on paper. I think that is why I am at my best when I am in a relationship. I feel uninspired when I am single or when the "newness" wears off of a relationship.

The day that I remember the most when we were in NY is when we went to Chinatown. It was so exciting to go behind fake walls and bargain with Asian people for designer bags and watches. During all of the madness, Kevin lost one of his gloves. As we were walking back to the main intersection to catch a cab, the wind was so bad that his hands were freezing. He found one glove and put it on, but he couldn't find the other one. It struck me funny, and I could not walk because I was doubled-over laughing. He had one gardener's glove on and one exposed hand, carrying a black garbage bag filled with watches, wallets, and purses. I composed myself and said, "The title of my first book will be: I Lost My Glove in Chinatown."

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Catchy title.