
Oh, was I excited to see that Savannah's own WJCL has their own reality show on the TV Guide Channel for being the worst rated newscast in their market. I didn't realize how bad it would make me miss my old ghetto local news station. The highlight of the premiere episode was the arrival of Lindy Brannen to the station. He left the prestigious channel WSAV because of contract conflicts. Another familiar name was Paula Deen, who was in the news because of a protest outside of her restaurant. She is somewhat of a media whore in my opinion, and I don't really love her restaurant. It is too expensive and grossly unhealthy. Savannah should have more prestige than just where Paula Deen lives. Has everyone forgotten Johnny Mercer, or Forrest Gump, or the Civil War? Even the founder of the Girl Scouts is a claim to fame. It is so sad to me when people find out that I am from Savannah and they say, "Oh, do you know Paula?" Why in the world should I know her? That is ridiculous. Anyway, if you don't get that channel, I think you can find the episode on youtube or aol video. It is worth your time.
4 comments:
That's crazy! I didn't know they had a reality show.
I agree about Paula Deen. She seems kind of fake. Yeah, you're southern and you have a country accent, but no one speaks that honkey without hamming it up. It's just not natural. (However, I do LOVE the ho cakes at L&S.)
The other day two hippie girls drove by me and JJ in a car and asked if we knew where the Forrest Gump bench was. JJ said no and they drove off laughing. I didn't go into to "it's actually not in the square anymore...."
I love that you're blogging more. Please keep them coming!
Oh! Another thing. It is crazy how everyone wants to have some "connection" to Paula Deen.
Jon's parents claim to be related to her. (Don's wife who's deceased was actually related to her--distantly.) So it would be like Donna and dad claiming to be related to one of my mom's famous relatives (not that I have any). I'm not sure I follow that logic.
JJ's quite proud of the time she saw PD ride by her on a Segway on Broughton Street.
I knew someone who was a neighbor's cousin's brother-in-law's distant aunt's hairdresser who is a cousin of Paula's. So, basically, we're bff's
I have a loyalty to WTOC because I really am related to Mr. Doug Weathers.
What was weird to me is when WTOC came up with a morning show like Regis and Kelly, but stars Jodi Chapin and Sonny Dixon.
Post a Comment