Monday, October 29, 2007

Baby-Brewing Update

I realize that I have seriously neglected my blog, which is partly due to my new job having a block on this website (boo!) and the fact that we JUST got set up for the internet at home didn't help the situation.

My belly is increasing almost exponentially, and I am sure that it has absolutely NOTHING to do with all of the candy that I am inhaling. At first I had to have the sour punch straws that I used to eat at the movie theater, but now I can't get enough of sweet tarts. I love them. Mark yells at me because I have eaten almost all of our Halloween candy. We don't have enough to pass out! Oh, well.

I have had a few scary pregnancy things happen, but my nurse always reassures me calmly without making me feel like a crazy person, even though I am a crazy person when it comes to what I think are emergency situations. I have to constantly remind myself that pregnancy is one of the most natural processes of human life, but I usually feel like my belly is a ticking timebomb filled with innumerable ways to hurt me or my rapidly growing fetus.

I have my next appointment a week from tomorrow. This is the big one, when I find out if the baby is growing properly and what the gender is. I am really excited, and I know everything will be fine. Mark and I made the decision to not have any tests that require probing anywhere near my baby. I don't want to risk hurting the baby just to find out if there are any major medical problems that we can't fix anyway.

I am still planning on transitioning from working in a cubicle to working at home. I get tired way more easily now and I can't really control my hormones, whether it manifests in hot flashes, migraines, fits of anger or bouts of apathy for anything. I really like my job, which makes the transition harder because I don't really want to leave. I like all the ladies there and I feel appreciated for my hard work. But I really want to wear pyjamas every day.

Well, that is my update for now. I will have more to say next week after the doctor's appointment. Thanks for checking back even though I have been negligent. I promise to be better.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey,

Have you developed food cravings for any wierd stuff?

I have been inhaling candy a lot lately also. I don't have any good reason except the store I am visiting right now has a candy bowl in grooming.

I takes what I want and ain't no body gone stop me.

Good to hear from you again,

Jon

Kasey said...

I debated whether or not to make my food cravings just a whole new blog, but I will just say that I don't really crave weird stuff like chicken feet or anything, but the things I do want are random in how fast my craving changes. Like this morning, in a span of about 15 minutes, I wanted beef stew, chicken noodle soup, ice cream, and Arby's curly fries. I ended up leaving work for a few minutes at 10 am for an Arby's run.

I really love candy right now. Before pregnancy, I would always go for chocolate stuff, but now I want fruity candy like Starburst, Skittles, Sweet Tarts, Sour Punch Straws, etc.