The first two swatches are the same pattern, just different colors. If I knew I was having a girl, I would go with the brown and pink because it is a little feminine. The last one is a closeup of the African pattern. What do you think?
I'm still rather partial to the black toile. For me, colors like red and blue toile can be a bit busy. But for some reason, I really like yellow or gold toile. It just seems so classy.
Think of this: when you're looking back at baby pictures, you don't want to see things that are trendy right now (like the brown and pink combo). The photos will look really dated.
Yes, the safari animals are cute, but I think the timeless classic of toile is the right choice.
Pink and brown is classic--I wear those colors together a lot, especially in combination with a hint of cream or white. I feel like neopolitan ice cream.
Black toile is classic in its own right.
I think the safari animals are cute. It's a baby after all, and once the baby is able to see in color, black and white toile might be boring and unstimulating. Besides, I know some people who would argue that toile for men is gay.
My vote is for the animals. More color options--a wider color palette to play with. Plus, you can't go wrong with cutesy animals for babies, regardless of gender.
Is there really anything you can do to not look dated? Not to cross my wife, who is the smartest and most beautiful hottie in the entire universe, but I think the trendiness is part of the funzies.
Non year specific can also equal blah. I like the pasty 80's polaroids of my youth. I wore a Duke's of Hazzard Tshirt. I had 80's furniture. It was my time to be a kid. Some may argue that time is still happening.
Let us all embrace what will soon morph into embarrasing memories.
I realize it is not Duke's, but Dukes. Duke's is a restaraunt in the metropolis of Walterboro, and I had a slip. Please don't punish me with snide comments.
I am a writer who just finished her MFA in Creative Nonfiction at Converse College. I have a wonderful husband, Mark, and a beautiful son, Ben, who is three years old. We live in Savannah, Georgia with our puppy, Millie.
6 comments:
I'm still rather partial to the black toile. For me, colors like red and blue toile can be a bit busy. But for some reason, I really like yellow or gold toile. It just seems so classy.
I concur with JJ.
Think of this: when you're looking back at baby pictures, you don't want to see things that are trendy right now (like the brown and pink combo). The photos will look really dated.
Yes, the safari animals are cute, but I think the timeless classic of toile is the right choice.
Pink and brown is classic--I wear those colors together a lot, especially in combination with a hint of cream or white. I feel like neopolitan ice cream.
Black toile is classic in its own right.
I think the safari animals are cute. It's a baby after all, and once the baby is able to see in color, black and white toile might be boring and unstimulating. Besides, I know some people who would argue that toile for men is gay.
My vote is for the animals. More color options--a wider color palette to play with. Plus, you can't go wrong with cutesy animals for babies, regardless of gender.
Is there really anything you can do to not look dated? Not to cross my wife, who is the smartest and most beautiful hottie in the entire universe, but I think the trendiness is part of the funzies.
Non year specific can also equal blah. I like the pasty 80's polaroids of my youth. I wore a Duke's of Hazzard Tshirt. I had 80's furniture. It was my time to be a kid. Some may argue that time is still happening.
Let us all embrace what will soon morph into embarrasing memories.
I realize it is not Duke's, but Dukes. Duke's is a restaraunt in the metropolis of Walterboro, and I had a slip. Please don't punish me with snide comments.
I still like the first one the best. Hope everything got moved in alright!
Post a Comment