Mark and I were talking a couple of nights ago about how our relationship is rare in that we do not base the successful outcome of our arguments on who was right, but what is right. We don't keep tabs, we don't take score, we just discuss something until we reach a reasonable conclusion. However, to supplement this lack of competition in arguments, we have created a system of games and tournaments that are usually created on the spur of the moment to see who is the greatest. Typically, we never can figure out who is better at something because the vote is tied one-to-one. However, we created a game this morning on the phone and now we want to know who wins this game.
The game is called Rap Lyric. The rules are that you take something you see around you and make a rap lyric that has a simile in it (but not necessarily) and a pop culture reference. You also have to deliver the line angrily. Whoever has the best lyric wins. The lines do not have to make sense or be clever really. Just base your decision on personal preference. Whoever wins gets the "Rapper's De-Lite Award."
Mark's lyric: "I drove past Smokey the Bear, chillin' with The Grizzly Man while eating his babies. I will punch you in the face like Mike Tyson with a facial tattoo and eating some babies."
My lyric: "I want to go to school like Paris Hilton wants a strawberry shortcake. I got cramps that hurt as bad as Aaliyah's plane crash in Florida. R.I.P."
Yes, neither one of these lyrics sound anything like current rap lyrics, but Mark likes the weird eighties rapper, Black Elvis, who just says random things angrily and makes a rap album. Feel free to vote or contribute your own rap lyric.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
"I got da G.O.D. on speed-dial, be askin' him can Steve Irwin come back fo' revenge on da whole Stingray Nation, FEEEEL me!"
(This works better with audio clips. I think we should put the winning lyrics all in one funkadelic mp3 file for the loser's MySpace page.)
No, even better, I can add it to this blog. You just tell me when and where, hombre, and I will see you then. Booyah! Bring it!
"Ron Jeremy defendin' da Holy Scripts while Van Ice be boo-hooin' on Ponch's shoulda blade. Sur-REEEAL..."
Mark, I just put on there that we are not competitive! You are ruining the shining example I was trying to portray.
p.s. My lyrics are so great that I do not have to add senseless ebonics or slang to make it sound authentic.
"Most things break in life like the time I slashed Oprah's face with a knife."
For the original rap lyrics (posted in the blog), I must vote for Mark due to his reference to Grizzly Man and the eating of babies.
However, I'm a fan of your last one Kasey, "Most things break in life like the time I slashed Oprah's face with a knife."
Props to Mark on the Steve Irwin rap. Sorry, Kasey. The more ghetto the lyrics, the more I like them.
"You can ask Flavor Flav about the time, but you all know I drop the hottest rhyme."
Alright, fine, let me see what you two can do!
Ooh! Good one, Kasey. I wish I could make up lyrics . . . I stink at this kind of stuff.
I do not profess to be a lyrical rapster. I liked the Flava Flav one. He's my guilty pleasure.
I get pissed when my cat craps on the floor, gonna have Snoop call her a dirty whore.
"I be droppin' lines like Whitney Houston do at a Carl Weathers birthday party bar MITZVAH! Crankin' it up like Whitney do at Billy Ray Cyrus TWISTER tournament. CHECK IT!"
Ooooh. Kirsten wins. That was good.
"We all winnin' up in dis hizzy,so many rappers make Fran Drescher feel DIZZY!"
You know, I've been thinking of Fran Drescher this whole time because once there was an episode where she fancied herself a song writer and tapped into her angst ridden life for inspiration.
Boy howdy, that's sad when I put it in writing.
"When I roll, ya know it like diddy, I be travelin the right coast sans kitty. My suite be hot, chillin at La Quinta, relaxin all large, and payin no rent, uh.
Da bed is hard and da pillow is mildewed, it be makin' big jon, one big mad dude. I tries not take my anger out wid a gat from a window, so I sit w/ Ludacris and smoke some indo. Word."
My comment was lost the first time, so hear it is in an encore performance.
I like both of your raps and proudly place my vote in both camps. I don't want to anger anyone b/c I plan to run for public office. Clinton had "Don't stop thinkin about tomorrow", and I have Dre's "Don't stop the *******@##@%#$%#$%@# heads ringin"
Jonathan wins my vote.
Holy Crap. Jon just got onto me (and you two indirectly) since he felt he should have got a better response on his fabulous rap. Jon, your rap far surpasses all other raps in the world. You get all my votes.
Jon for '08!
Post a Comment