Thursday, October 19, 2006
Mediocrity is the New Cool
I really don't care about my classes this semester. The only stress that I am putting on myself is to do enough work to pass and not fail. I really wasn't that bothered when I made a 74 on my mid-term, and I only stressed a little when I made a 44 on a Spanish test, but got really excited when I made a 78 on a Spanish test. I really don't care. I am not shooting for summa cum laude, or magna cum laude. My distinction will be "Thank the Loddy." Sure, I am aware that I sound like I have no ambition, but I don't care. I am mediocre in college, which goes against my high school principal's slogan, "Mediocrity is not an option." I am here to tell you, my friend, it is a great option and I am taking full advantage of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome to my world, my friend. Welcome to my world.
Lately, I'm in touch with that feeling. Mediocrity sometimes is all I can muster. When you really care about something (which I'm guessing Spanish doesn't rank too high-- at least it didn't for me) you'll do really well. For me, when it came to the end, I just wanted to graduate. School burnout. It happens to us all.
C=degree is a pearl of wisdom that I bestow quite often.
PS: I'm feeling that way right now, too. I can't wait for this thing to be over and done with. I have no motivation whatsoever to get any work done on the multiple projects I have still to do.
Post a Comment