Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Who Are You?

This might not be such a well-known trait, but I am obsessed with personality books, or self-help books, or relationship advice books, or any other book that gives me some sort of insight as to why I do what I do and how I can be better. Even though I believe firmly that the Bible is sufficient to glean all the information that we need to live a spiritually-sound life of service for God, I also like hearing other people's ideas about how our ever-changing society affects our behavior.

When I was an intern for Savannah Magazine, this link was emailed to all of the staff so that we could all have a better understanding of how each other works and why we value what it is that we value. I happen to be a INTJ (a "mastermind" personality type), which is less than 1% of the population, according to this Web site. It says that I value logic and efficiency. Let me know what you are and tell me if this is representative of you.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am an INTJ: Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging.

I guess this is pretty dead on. I always look before I leap. I don't like to be the center of attention. Blah, blah. Tell me something I don't know.

I always hate when these tests get me so right. How do they know? How can you pigeon hole a person so easily? I always wish I was the opposite of what I am: outgoing and daring. Alas.

Kasey said...

Kirsten, I can't believe that we are the same personality type! That is so funny!

Jonathan said...

I agree. I love these. It reminds me of one of my favorite books: Now, Discover Your Strengths.

I am a INFJ, and I proudly walk into camp w/ Brandi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Ghandi.

I think these quizzes know me better than myself. It really makes you think about the progress that has been made in mapping the human psyche.

Greg Wright said...

Okay, so a few days ago, I was a Counselor. Now I'm a Mastermind (INTJ). Just goes to prove my theory about the multiple personalities throwing a party inside my head. Hopefully, it's just because I'm switching from interviewer mode to teacher mode. I think I'll be an extrovert tomorrow.

Lauren said...

I'm an INTP. Funny how we're all Introverts so far.

Lauren said...

I'm an INTP. Funny how we're all Introverts so far.

Lauren said...

Um, not sure why/how that comment of mine posted twice. Oops.