Okay, so my last post was decidedly darker than I had first intended. However, about an hour after I posted my last blog entry, Mark came and picked me up from work and my day got exponentially better.He had been warning me for days that he was not that creative and that he did not want me to get my hopes up, so when he presented me with an unwrapped wallet, I was grateful (of course) but perplexed. I went to take the wallet from the box and nine envelopes fell out. They were numbered 1 through 9, and he told me that I would have to open each of them as the day progressed. The envelopes took me to the mall for a quick lunch, then dress shopping, shoe shopping, Victoria's Secret shopping (for "undergarments that you ladies need to wear with a formal gown nowadays"), and jewelry shopping.
Then, we went back, opened all of my shopping bags, and got dressed for dinner. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but because Mark is slightly navigationally-challenged, he helped me get him to Barnard Street (insert a sixth-grade karate-kid boyfriend joke here). After a great parallel parking job, we walked a half of a block to Jazz'd, a tapas bar. It is a really cool place, and the food was really good. We shared four tapas and had really good french onion soup and I had a bread pudding with butter rum sauce that was so strong that I would have failed a breathalyzer test, had I needed to drive.
My birthday was so special and so relaxing. I have the greatest boyfriend of all to take off a day of work and spend the day outside of dressing rooms and in jewelry stores. I felt so pampered and rejuvenated, and Mark was so generous with his time and love (and money!). I am truly blessed.
7 comments:
You both look so lovely in the picture! I'm glad you had a great birthday. Thanks Mark!
That is the cutest dress EVER. Seriously.
Mark know you well...
Glad you had a good birthday.
Oops. Mark knowS you well. (I'm an English major and a little OCD. Typos really bug me.)
Also, if you pay close attention, you will notice that the shoes I am wearing are the BCBG black stilleto pumps that I have been lusting over for a year now. I was REALLY excited to own those finally.
Glad to hear the day was relaxing, sweetie. You needed the break.
T. J. said...
ooh la la...who is that movie starlet? and don't lose sight of that guy--he seems to have your best interests in mind!
Very sweet and thoughtful. My birthday is November, and I can't wait to see what you think of.
Seriously, good job Mark. I am glad Kasey had such a great day.
Jon
Post a Comment