Thursday, December 01, 2005

Slipping through the cracks

After reading Alicia's blog, I realize that I am the worst English major on the planet. I am not sure how I accomplished it, but I managed to avoid all of the classic novels in my years of education. I have two semesters left before I graduate, and now I have a renewed desire to read at least some of the texts that people consider to be "great literature."

I feel like a slacker.

4 comments:

alicia said...

Yes, you are a slacker, but you still have plenty of time :)You also have to remember that the people responding to my blog are tremendous geeks.

Kirsten said...

You are right Alicia; we are geeks.

Kasey, don't feel bad about not reading these particular books. Your degree is not based in literature but in communication, so don't fret my pet.

Kasey said...

I think that it would make me feel better to read at least five of the greats.

Kevin said he read Animal Farm, Moby Dick, and As I Lay Dying in high school (he said they were boring).

I just feel insecure about the lack of knowledge I have. Maybe I will cheat and read the Cliffnotes instead. HA!

Kasey said...

JB,
You always seem to slip in an insult every time you respond to my posts.

I feel like I am allowed an opinion about anything I want (especially my major) because I feel that my opinions are valid regardless of anybody's criteria. Please feel free to share your opinion, but please make sure you validate other opinions at the same time.

Hope this does not offend anybody.