Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Redeeming Myself

Today I purchased my own personal book club's selection for the month of December: Joyce's Portrait..., Orwell's Animal Farm, and Chopin's Awakening (and other works). Even though I have read Chopin before, I wanted to continue delving into good literature so that I would look like a smarty-pants. I will continue to update this blog with my personal thoughts concerning my reading.

Feel free to add your own insight into my project.

I will start with Animal Farm. Kirsten said it was good because animals talked in it.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sadly, I like Animal Farm only because animals talk. There's no deeper reason. I don't really get caught up in the politics of it. I'm a simple nerd and enjoy talking animals.

alicia said...

I have not read Joyce's Portrait yet, but I have read The Portrait of Yo Mamma As a Young man and I highly reccommend it. Joyce is tough. I would find a battered copy of Dubliners and read that before delving into Portrait. However, that's just my opinion and not worth a whole lot. Animal Farm is really good and i love Chopin. You are off to a great start!

Kasey said...

Thanks guys! I will shortly update my blog on the first chapter. I really like it so far.

You are both so helpful. What great friends I have!

Kirsten said...

How's the redeeming coming?