Thursday, June 21, 2007

Greetings from Virginia!

I would just like to thank those of you who still check my blog, even though I haven't posted anything in a really long time.

Mark and I got in to Virginia on Monday and have started trying to find a sense of normalcy here. It is the first time that I have ever moved away from my family, so I have to fight the urge to cry for my Mom sometimes, but Mark and I felt that we had to get away so that we could create our own new, cohesive family unit. Being the babies of the family comes with a stigma of being perceived as spoiled brats who cannot do anything for themselves, irresponsible, reckless, silly, not in touch with reality, etc. so we have decided to pull away a little and reveal to the world that we can live an okay life with just the two of us looking after it.

We are staying at a Travelodge until July 1st, so we bought a "bed in a bag" and some food and they put a mini fridge and microwave in our room. It's okay for now, kind of like camping. I hate going to the laundromat. I have never had to do that, and I am terrified of creepy people trying to look at my panties. I hate to even fold Mark's undies in front of those weird people. Mark and I agreed that we have to go together because it is too dangerous for me to be alone there.

We have adopted a blue Beta fish from my sister's Pre-K classroom. His name is Booberry and he is very friendly. He likes to be on the side of the bowl that we are on, and I regularly catch him looking at me in his bowl. He is very strong too, because I thought that my sister was going to watch him when Mark and I went on our honeymoon, and she thought we were taking him, so he sat at my mother's house for a week without any food, and he made it. He is one tough cookie.

Mark's birthday was Tuesday, which was his first day of school. I took him to class and started running my errands and realized that I had forgot his birthday, so I bought him flowers and balloons, and took him to his favorite restaurant (an Indian restaurant called Nawab) for lunch. He didn't remember it was his birthday until I told him when I picked him up, and he had to call his parents because they forgot too! I felt bad for him, but he was cool with it. Apparently, he didn't grow up with the annoying habit of a birthday "countdown" a month ahead of time like my family does. It gives us more time to be the center of attention.

I will post again when I get a job. Hopefully it will be a desk job with a computer. That way, I can have internet access and have something to do other than stare at a clock. Cheers!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm glad y'all are doing well.
I will pray for you to find a cushy job that will provide good pay and a lot of time for goofing off on the computer.

Kasey said...

Thanks, I really do appreciate that.

Jonathan said...

I hope you have fun in the VA. I guess my life partner and I shall have to come up there sometime.

toodles,

Jon

Kasey said...

Please do. We will have lots o' fun in the land of plenty. No, really, it is really pretty up here and I miss my family.

alicia said...

I am so happy that the babies decided to go it alone. I know you are goingt o do fine on your own. How about some pics?