First of all, I am not a total nerd who would sacrifice part of her vacation to blog. On the contrary, I got separated from my group today because of an unfourtunate UTI that needed some Irish medical attention. I am waiting for their return, so I decided to catch you all up on what I have been doing in Ireland for the past 24 hours.
Yesterday was a blur. I had to keep myself from falling asleep while I was looking at two of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. If I come back with real estate brochures, an oddly new addiction to Guinness, and an Irish accent, don't be surprised. I saw the rural Western Ireland, specifically the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. The Burren is a beautiful place of old walled ruins and the cattle is supposed to be the best because they graze by big pieces of limestone, which supposedly makes the meat taste better. The Cliffs of Moher is breathtaking. It is beautiful. It reminded me of Wuthering Heights (which I love) and there was a surprising extra bonus: puffins!!! They were everywhere. We stopped several times to look at all of the sheep, donkeys, cows, alpacas, and horses we found on the road. The extremely flirty, 60-something coach driver made us stop twice for a pub break.
Today, I am in Galway which is famous for the rowdy night life. I will be able to experience it tonight, because last night was just not going to happen. I apologize if I communicated strangely to any of you yesterday because I was seeing stars. I feel much better today and have almost completely adjusted to the metric system, euros, and fun sayings. My favorites are "room for let," "chef/cook required," "mind your step," and "lift."
One last note: my hair. I have never had my hair look like cotton candy, but in this weather and humidity, my hair is literally a puff on the back of my head. It was so bad this morning that I actually braided it on one side of my head. Look out for the pictures. Nice!
I wish I could post pictures, but I can't. You will have to wait with bated breath until I get back. I wish my family and friends could be here to see everything with me, but I have quickly made a posse of my own: Lauren and Stephanie. It makes it easy and fun for time off and room assignments. They even waited with me in the doctor's office. I hope the rest of my vacation, eh, educational study abroad trip is as great as the last 24 hours. I will be seein' ya.
Top of the Mornin' to Ya, (Okay, they don't say that here, but I couldn't think of anything Irish to say.)
Kasey
Friday, May 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you're having fun! I wish I could be there and see all the beautiful greenery (and the puffins). I can't wait to see pictures!
PS: Nothing exciting is happening in your absence.
I threw in the puffins just for you. I know how you love birds (especially anything that remotely resembles penguins). However, these are not flightless. I can't wait for you to see the pictures.
I love birds from afar, but if they get too close, they're terrifying. It's a love/hate relationship.
Post a Comment